Bennett David Kahl

Bennett David Kahl
I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers Ephesians 1:16

Friday, January 23, 2009

Update on Ellie

At 3am Ellie started wheezing in her sleep and she had acquired a croup sounding cough. I took her temp while she slept and she was still running a fever. I tried to give her Tylenol while she slept…not happening! So, from 3am until the doctor opened at 8:30 I sat in bed next to Ellie with my hand on her back making sure she kept breathing. Psycho…probably, but that is how terrified I was all night long. At 8:30 on the dot I called the doctor. Thirty minutes later they called back with instructions to head to the hospital in order to have x-rays taken of her lungs. In addition, they gave her an antibiotic shot because she absolutely would not take the liquid…I tried EVERYTHING!

After the horse shot in her leg they made us wait to make sure there was no allergic reaction and then we headed home. We are still waiting on the results from radiology, so I will post an update this evening.

Please keep our precious little trooper in your prayers!!!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Poor baby!! Thinking of you guys...

Jodi said...

Poor thing. . .let us know how she's doing.

Anonymous said...

Let us know if you need anything this weekend since she is so sick. We are just across the street and will be happy to do anything for you guys. I hope she gets better soon. Love and God Bless!

Cara said...

Praying for you all and definitely for a clear chest xray for Ellie! Hopefully that shot will take care of whatever is making the poor baby feel so bad.

Christy said...

Definitely praying!!! I'm so sorry she has to go through this.. and you too! I'll be watching for the update. I do hope the shot of abx helps.